Proposed Farm Business Improvement Scheme Whole Farm Needs Assessment
5th March 2015
DARD is currently developing proposals for a Farm Business Improvemet Scheme (FBIS) as part of the Rural Development Programme (RDP) 2014 - 2020.
The proposed FBIS is a package of schemes which aims to improve competitiveness and productivity of farm businesses through increased efficiency, up-skilling on farm, farm modernisation and a commitment to working with supply chain partners to improve performance.Completion of this survey will help us gather the evidence we need to assess the scope and level of assistance needed. It is also your opportunity to inform us of the barriers to meeting your business objectives and will help shape scheme development to best meet the needs of farmers and growers.The benefits include helping you to:
- make decisions about the future of your business.
- identify barriers to reducing your cost of production.
- assess if, and what types of capital investment in buildings and equipment is required.
- plan the timing and resources required for capital investment.
- consider other potential issues e.g. planning, health and safety laws.
- assist DARD in designing a proposed scheme to match the needs of the sector.
Who should complete the WFNA form?
All agricultural farm businesses that have a DARD farm business identification number.
How can I participate?
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions and Guidance Notes available at the bottom of this page.
- Download the WFNA survey from the DARD website, www.dardni.gov.uk
- Consider the needs of your farm business.
- Enter the information about your farm business on the Whole Farm Needs Assessment form.
- Email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 3rd April 2015.
If you have any queries on the Whole Farm Needs Assessment survey, require a paper copy or an alternative format, please contact.E-mail - email@example.comTelephone - 0300 200 7849